I currently work as a Software Engineer with Gupshup.
I am involved in the computing community by volunteering at ACM. I have been an editor with ACM XRDS, and I’m now a member of the ACM Future of Computing Academy (FCA). You can find the work that FCA is doing at https://acm-fca.org/
My professional work and interests include working with Java, Spring Boot and related ecosystems, and learning about designing Scalable Software Architectures and Systems.
My favourite IDE is IntelliJ IDEA!
You can find a text based resume below.
Software Engineer, Gupshup Technology, May 2020 - Present
- Reduced Application shutdown time by 800x (40mins to 3s) by optimizing and using safe Thread stopping strategy.
- Introduced Token based authentication for APIs.
- Used Redis Cluster with Lua scripts to enable limits on messages sent as per client configuration.
- Eliminated deployment of production instances from 100s to 0 by enabling dynamic data update.
- Implemented security in MongoDB connections through application to prevent unauthorized access.
- Implemented Unit testing strategies to ensure code reliability.
Software Engineer (Spring Boot), LogiNext Solutions, December 2018 - May 2020
- Secured sensitive application secrets like credentials and passwords by utilizing server side encryption with the help of AWS Key Management Service and AWS S3 storage.
- Reduced costs by implementing a caching mechanism for Google Places and Geocoding API, OneMap, and Open Street Maps calls.
- Implemented a Redis based debounce to eliminate duplicate transactions in the system.
- Reduced Redis usage by 50% by optimizing storage strategies.
- Contribued to migration of the application from Spring Boot v1.5 to v2.1.4
Software Engineer (Spring Boot), KPIT Technologies, July 2016 - November 2018
With CRISIL: Quantix Mutual Funds Screener, and Wealth Tracker
- Implemented a REST micro-service which enables a user to shortlist Mutual Funds based on a criteria.
- Introduced Annotation based development to the team that reduced development time by 40+ man hours per week.
- Implemented a system which generates user portfolio reports based on their investments profiles and existing portfolios.
Project Intern, Persistent Systems, June 2015 – May 2016
- Developed a smart system called Dactylock, to secure information using Biometrics and Secret Sharing Techniques as a part of Final Year Bachelors’ Project.
Languages and Technologies
- Java; Spring Boot; Lua; TDD
- MySQL; Redis; MongoDB
- IntelliJ IDEA; Git; SVN
- Oracle Cloud; Github Actions for CI/CD
Google Maps Java SDK. Implemented a feature to ensure consistence between the Java and JS SDK. Enabled parsing of API Responses in the Google Maps Java SDK. Technologies: Java
SDKMAN! is a tool for managing parallel versions of multiple SDKs on any Unix based system. Improved error suggestions for the user. Technologies: Java, Cucumber
Stock Price Bot. A bot which shows the most recent Equity and Cryptocurrency prices. Technologies: Python
Achievements & Awards
ACM Future of Computing Academy: Selected as a member of ACM Future of Computing Academy which aims to shape the future of the computing profession. See: Bookmarking and Beyond: Building the Pointer to Quality Knowledge
ACM Selects: ACM Selects are a series of guides to a broad range of topics in computer science. Check out some of the guides I compiled: Getting Started with Microservices, and Spotlight on Computing in India
Featured in Java Annotated Monthly: My article on Using IntelliJ IDEA Live Templates was featured in the “Java Tutorials & Tips” section in the March 2020 issue of Java Annotated Monthly by Trisha Gee
ACM Crossroads: Special Projects Editor, and Departments Editor for Conferences section of the Magazine. More info: https://xrds.acm.org/aboutus.cfm#darshit
Delighted Customer: Received great ratings from our client CRISIL twice for being a fast learner and contribution to the projects
NASSCOM [email protected] Hackathon Winner: Developed an Android marketplace for blue-collar jobs in the unorganized sector.
Honourable Mention at ACM ICPC Amritapuri Regionals, 2015